2017 Regular Season Schedule Set
Teams Begin the road to the mann cup on May 19th
Burnaby, BC – The Western Lacrosse Association is pleased to announce the 2017 regular season schedule, running this summer from May 19th through August 1st.
The season opens Friday May 19th at the 100.3 The Q Centre in Victoria, with the Langley Thunder visiting the Victoria Shamrocks.
2016 WLA Champions and Mann Cup Finalists, the Maple Ridge Burrards, begin their title defense on the road when they square off against the Coquitlam Adanacs at the Coquitlam Sports Centre on May 27th
The seven teams of the WLA will host their home openers as follows:
- May 19th – Victoria against Langley at 100.3 The Q Centre.
- May 25th – New Westminster against Nanaimo at Queen’s Park Arena
- May 27th – Coquitlam against Maple Ridge at Coquitlam Sports Centre
- May 28th – Maple Ridge against Burnaby at Planet Ice – Cam Neely Arena
- May 28th – Nanaimo against Langley at Frank Crane Arena
- May 31st – Langley against Maple Ridge at Langley Events Centre
- June 2nd – Burnaby against Nanaimo at Bill Copeland Arena
Teams will continue building their rosters at the WLA 2017 Junior Draft, Thursday, February 16th at 7 p.m. Watch it live at www.WLALacrosse.ca and see how your team is shaping up for 2017!
*** The Western Lacrosse Association (WLA) is an amateur league of men’s Senior ‘A’ box lacrosse sanctioned by the Canadian Lacrosse Association. It consists of seven teams, based in cities throughout southwestern British Columbia. Every year, the playoff teams battle for the right to compete against the Major Series Lacrosse champion for the Mann Cup every September. ***